Re: Who Sell Out

ML, re:

>I know...but I still hate them <MCA> for the shoddy way they've handled The
Who to date...as you know...

I'd have to put half the blame on the members and management of The Who as
well. Other than the "surprise" issue of "Magic Bus", in 1968, they
themselves didn't really care what MCA was or wasn't doing. For example.
after they broke the contract with Warner, they ran right back to MCA for
"Who's Last" and didn't even bother to get involved with it as the results
show... As for the song selection of "Join Together" on disc 2, that had Pete
Townshend's blessing. I wrote to Pete Townshend during the mid 80's regarding
MCA's bad quality CDs. He acknowledged my letters, but again, didn't do
anything about it (how difficult would it have been for him to provide them
with the better tapes that HE had?). So...

WF <~