WGFA on new WN

Hello wholisters!  First, I'd like to thank White Fang for reminding me
about Yoko's appearance at the Daltrey WNEW Christmas benefit at Madison
Square Garden.  I had completely forgotten about that "special guest".
Since there was some controversy over the date of that concert, I went
rummaging through my "archives" at home (junk) and found a promotional
handout from the concert.  The concert was on December 9, 1985 and
featured Roger with special guest Big Country.  It didn't mention Yoko or
JE, but I do remember them being there (I think :) ).

Second, I wanted to get some second opinions on what I think I hear in
the new and improved WGFA.  After listening to the song the first time,
something sounded different during the synth section at the end of the
song.  I pulled out my old WN CD and played the whole thing, and sure
enough, the new one sounds slightly different.  I think I've narrowed it
down to what sounds like a skip in the new WGFA at 7:25 into the song.
As a comparison, on my CD player, the first drum beat after the synth
section on the old WGFA kicks in at 7:31, on the new WGFA it comes in at
7:32.  Daltrey's mighty SCREAM at the end of the song kicks in at 7:44 on
the old and 7:45 on the new.  I'd like to know if my new CD alone has a
skip in it at 7:25 or do all of the CDs have this same skip?  Is it an
error on MCA's part or is it a slightly different synth recording?  Or am
I just hearing things?  I'm not trying to blame MCA for a mistake, I
think the new release with the liner notes is great.  I'm just curious.

Mike

There once was a note, Listen!