Roger Daltrey as Tin Man

On Sunday November 5th Roger appeared at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall
NYC in The Wizard of Oz in Concert as the 'Tin Man'. His solo number If I
only Had a Heart included two microphone lasso twirls and a mild (for Roger)
scream. Roger appeared to be wearing the same silk suit he wore at Shea
Stadium in (I think it was) 1982...though it probably wasn't....Roger
appeared to be having great fun and for me was the hit of the show...he was
also quite the crowd pleaser....this appearance supports my belief that if
Roger went out and performed music from his own solo career rather than the
music of Pete Townshend the tour could be quite a success.The Lincoln Center
concert which was a benefit for the Children's Defense Fund also included
Jewel as Dorothy...Jackson Browne as Scarecrow...Natalie Cole as Glinda the
good witch...Joel Grey as the Wizard....Nathan Lane as the Cowardly
Lion...Debra Winger as the Wicked Witch...Luci Arnez as narrator ...The
Harlem Boys Choir as Munchkins....with guest appearances byPhoebe Snow,Ronnie
Spector,David Sanborn,Dr. John and Ry Cooder.
The performance was taped for broadcast on TNT (turner network television) on
Wednesday November 22 at 8:00 PM.....................

Best regards to all listers....I think I'll watch............Joel