Re: The Who 1989 (fwd)

G'day

>In June 1989 the Who spent two weeks in my town rehearsing for the tour. The
>first show of the tour was in our 6000 seat Glens Falls Civic Center (Glens
>Falls, NY). While it was great to be in the second row right in front of
>Townshend this was but a shadow of what the Who once was. I was lucky enough
>to see them in 1967, 71, 73, 75, 79, 82 and 89. I am glad that Townshend is
>letting them rest in peace. I hope they never do another show as the Who. I
>agree 100% with what Scott James said. IMHO, he is totally correct.

I'm a 23 year old living in Victoria, Austrlaia.  THe Who toured here
ONCE and only once during the 60's (the exact date escapes me).  For me,
the prospect of seeing them just once in any capacity still excites me.
I've not had the benefit of seeing the band like many people more
fortunate, older and better geographically located than myself.

I was wrapped to hear that Roger and John were touring Austrlia in later
October and then crushed to hear the tour cancelled.

Sure I've seen rcorded footage of the band play and realise that to
expect repeat performances is unrealistic..  but please understand
anything is better than nothing in my opinion.

Jason.