Re: Re: who tours

On Mon, Oct 30, 1995 3:05:07 PM  at James L Jackson wrote:

> I think we older Who fans are lucky to have see the Who
>          whenver we did, but we're always gonna grimace because we
>          didn't get to see them at such and such a time (in 1970, or
>          on the Quadrophenia tour, etc.)

Guess that makes me an ANCIENT Who fan.  I saw them first on the
Quadrophenia tour, in fact at the famous Cow Palace gig where Keith passed
out over his drum kit and a kid from the audience filled in....major
bummer...BUT...I next saw them in '76 at Winterland in San Francisco, a
5000 seat house...absolutely otherworldly...in fact the photos used on the
cover of the boxed set are from that gig....later that summer saw them with
the Dead at Oakland Coliseum which was a really weird gig if only for the
two different kinds of fans there....(imagine waiting through a four hour
Dead gig to hear The Who!)  Anyway, I saw them after that every time they
came over, and I'm sorry to say that when I last saw them at Giants
Stadium, it was a pale comparison to that Winterland gig thirteen years
earlier.  Thank god the music itself was as great as ever...but the magic
definitely died with Moon.

James Coyle...actor, musician, Hibernophile blah blah blah