Re: The Who 1989

Klemens, re:

>say what ever you like about the kids are alright tour

I really have to agree. I was thinking about some of the negative comments
about the '89 tour on the way to the office this morning, while listening to
a tape of "Tommy At Radio City, '89". Currently, that's my favorite "Tommy".
Until they "fix" the studio version (if it's fixable) I'll continue to listen
to that version as my perferred favorite. What some of the other people don't
acknowledge, is that the '89 tour opened the door to many NEW Who fans, who
many not have had  interest in the band prior and maybe now are Who fans.
While it may not be the "perfect" Who, if it introduced people to the band
for the first time and they were happy... I know I got my moneys worth...

Speaking of the Radio City "Tommy". Not only was the show broadcast, but
Westwood One pressed it on vinyl for distribution to radio stations (only the
"Tommy" portion of the show). The sound quality is much improved (more
dynamic, better frequencey response and tighter bass), but the mix is
unchanged. In my opinion, a much better show that the LA show, which for the
most part became "Join Together"....

WF <~