Re: When You're A Mod, You're A Mod...

<<Anyway, back to the 3 rumors:

#1.  Pete is working on a (and I quote) "A West Side Story Version of
Quadrophenia for Broadway."

#2.  Des McAnuff (Director of Broadway Tommy) is working on putting The Iron
Man on stage.

#3.  A "new" movie based on the BROADWAY Tommy.  Apparently, this has already
been cast and is expected to either start production or be realeased in
December of 96.

Sounds like rumor #3 is most likely to be true, followed by #2 and then #1.

While I was on tour with TOMMY, I had a few conversations with Pete about
upcoming projects.  He did mention a desire to see QUAD staged.  One problem,
he said-there are no female characters.  He mentioned that he was considering
working with a female artist to flesh out some female material.  He mentioned
Tori Amos in particular.  He also mentioned particular disdain for Peter
Gabriel, but that's another story.

The last time I saw him he said that next up was a version of Psychoderelict
by the NYC Opera company, I believe.  He said they already had funding from
PolyGram.

He also said he would like to write something completely new for the stage.
 He is currently working on the London TOMMY, and he is adamant that all the
actors and musicians be British.

Guess I won't be playing TOMMY over there!

Scott Totten