Re: Beatles Anthology, 'oo, too!

> Forget the TV special, it's the CD's the matter.  On that issue,
> hope is an understatement.  This is something a fan of any band
> dreams about, a detailed look inside the archives.
>
> I won't get into the "greatest band ever" again because I don't have
> to, people have added bits and pieces already.  However you're talking
> about a band that last recorded as a group in 1969, and they still
> have enough pull to land a prime time slot on a major TV network.
> Like 'em or not, that's pretty amazing.  If Michael Jackson went
> into retirement right now I doubt he'd have a 9 hour ABC documentary
> in the year 2021. So there is a difference.

Once again, a Vulcan mind meld on this one!   Also as was mentioned in Forbes,
their original lps (on CD) continue to be among the briskest selling
"calatlog" albums out there....

Of course I'm glad the Who are doing what they're doing along these lines,
and both the remasters/remixes and the plentiful odds and ends make the 'oo
dear to my heart.  Also, in both the Beatles and Who cases, my fuzzy, muddy
bootleg collection is rapidly becoming obselete....

JW