An open apology

          Everyone,

          In deference to a friend of mine on the Who listserv, I wish
          to publicly apologize for flaming Mark Leaman on this list.
          If I have future disagreements with Mark, I assure you I
          will keep them to private e-mails.

          However, I want it to be known that this apology in no way
          stands as a retraction of my opinions regarding drug use.
          However, in the future, I will confine my opinions on drugs
          to private correspondence.

          Thank you.

          --Jim Jackson