early years

Since I'm new here, you guys know hardly anything about me.  These
questions are a good chance for you to learn something.
First, I *can* remember 8-tracks. In fact, my house still has one of those
giant stereos to play them on, and, even more importantly, I still listen
to some of my parents' stuff on there because it's the only place I can
find really cool music. (It took me quite some time to track down J.
Geils's "Don't Try to Hide It" and I still haven't seen it on CD.)

My first album purchase:
	I almost hate to admit this, but the first album I can remember
buying for myself is Poison: Look What the Cat Dragged In.  I loved 80s
music when I was in them (hey, I was young and impressionable), but the
past couple years I've tried to block that out.  I'm slowly starting to
realize that some 80s rock has its merit--but not much.

My first exposure to the Who:
	I heard Pinball Wizard on the radio some time ago, and thought
"that's not bad for old guys" About two years ago I heard it again and my
dad explained Tommy to me. After seeing it on Broadway, my interest in the
Who increased and I quickly learned just how much great music they did.

Myfirst concert:
	Sometime around Memorial Day '94 a friend took me to see Meatloaf.
I wasn't familiar with his music, but I loved the show.  A little known
band known as the Screaming Cheetah Wheelies opened up.
	I have seen some great shows, though:  Miller Band/Doobies, Guess Who/
Three Dog Night (a 5 band, 5 hour affair), Little Feat (the Band pulled
out), and several others.

Sorry my post is so long, but I had a lot to say.

cober