Linda Perry's Holiday Camp

If you dislike Ken Russell's interpretation of TOMMY, you'll probably not be
interested in this message:

I just went out and bought the CD version of "Tommy - Original Motion Picture
Soundtrack".  I've had the vinyl version for about 20 years.  Now, I must
admit I'm a big fan of the movie and most of the "covers" of the original
material.  But I was absolutely shocked to hear the first track titled
"Overture From Tommy" (4:59).  This is different from "Prologue 1945" which
is the first track on the vinyl version.  I have all sorts of versions of
Tommy;  The Who, Movie Soundtrack, London Symphony Orchastra, Broadway, and a
1973 British play version.  I also own a copy of the rare "Story of Tommy"
book which to my knowledge, doesn't mention anything about "Overture From
Tommy"  It is perfomed by The Who and in my opinion makes it a must own for
diehard Tommy fans.  Another difference between the CD and the vinyl is that
the song "Sensation" has the extra two-minute intro that appears in the movie
but not on the vinyl version (nor in any other version of Tommy).  It
contains the extra verse:

While Tommy flies, the world is turning, life goes on for you and me.  Our
cheif concern is money earning, why can't someone set us free? Can't cha'
feel him" (4X)

Has anyone noticed that Kenny Jones played more drums on this version of
Tommy than Keith?

I love this version, of course I might also like Ann-Margret doing Dr. Jimmy!