Re: What did Pete say & when did he say it...

Alan McKendree <amck@eden.com> wrote:

> > "You caaaaaan't have it... unless you pray... I mean pay... BOTH!"
> >                                             --- Philadelphia 1989
>
> Are you _sure_ he said this in Philadelphia?  Because he said the
> exact same thing in Dallas '89. I have the Dallas tape but don't have
> a Philly tape to check.

I wasn't in Philly nor in Dallas, but you're probably right!
This "Magic Bus"-quote I've taken from my CD boot "Where are the
Kids", and on this it's written "Live in Philadelphia".
(BTW: The CD-boot webpage says 1980, but it's '89)
I have the CD not here, but I think PT added "Dallas" to "New York,
Chicago" on _Face the Face_, and that makes no sense when he'd be in
Philly.
To check this out, here is another quote I can remember:
RD: "Survive the heat!" (Seemed to be a _very_ hot day then)

OK, let me know wether I have to correct the label.

CK

PS: Probably the same show (identical songlist) I saw recently on
another boot, called "Magic Bus". On the front cover there's a
picture of RD, PT and KJ in about '79/80 (I _HATE_ boots with pictures
not fitting to the content).
Both CDs naming "Experts from Tommy" for the Tommy-selections.