[Christian.Krumey@alf5.ngate.uni-regensburg.de: Re[last]: Magic Bus alternate version]

    From: Christian.Krumey@alf5.ngate.uni-regensburg.de (Krumey Christian)
    To: RMC@PSUVM.PSU.EDU (Ron Crandall)
    Cc: thewho@cisco.com
    Subject: Re[last]: Magic Bus alternate version
    Date: Wed, 24 May

    Ron, you wrote:

    > The longer 4:28 version of "Magic Bus" IS on the vinyl Decca version of
                                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^
    > MBB&B.  The shorter (3:11-3:15) version was from the original single,
    > and was reissued (in the States) on "Magic Bus: The Who On Tour" and
    > on the Boxset.  BTW, does anyone know if either version was ever issued
    > in stereo?  All my recordings of it sound like mono.

    Ooops, I have the vinyl version of Track Records, and there is
    only the short version on it, what's going on here?

    To the second point, the stereo thing:
    As far as I know, there's no real stereo version of MB.
    On some records (MBB&B, perhaps only on mine again) there is a
    "electronically enhanced for stereo"-version, what in my eyes means,
    to put it simply, they ran the mono tape through a high-pass and low-
    pass and put it on the right and left channel, respectively.

    To come to an end with this, let's listen to the various LIVE
    versions of it!

    CK

I'm pretty sure you'll see that the short version is true stereo and that
the long version is only available in reprocessed stereo. I believe the
vinyl MBB&B has the long version but the CD, although listing the track
at 4:28, has the short version.

--
| Joe Giorgianni                      |                                      |
| South Glens Falls, New York         |      eg941@cleveland.freenet.edu     |