Re: Linda Perry

On Mon, 22 May 1995, Kate wrote:

> What's the matter Mr. Derby? All your rock-n-roll has to be testosterone
> based?

<TWEET!!> Estrogen-based cheapshot, penalty.

Mr. Derby said nothing about disliking her performance based on her
gender.

There are plenty of males whose performances of Who songs are, shall
we say, less than optimal (Lou Reed "Now and Then" comes to my mind)
and females who do beautifully (Yvonne Elliman, "I Can't Explain",
ditto).

Alan

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend