Re: Acoustic Huge!

On Thu, 18 May 1995, Scott James wrote:

> I can't remember a who track that did not have an acoustic guitar. Not
> including the obvious. Its presence has been essential. Petes whole vibe is
> borne of the acoustic. In my opinion his approach to electric is him trying
> to mimic the energy of the acoustic thing.

I never would have thought that the electric powerhouses (e.g.,
Sparks, WGFA, The Real Me, 5:15, Who Are You, etc., etc.) were
aspiring to capture the energy of the acoustic, as opposed to leaving
that energy behind and soaring off on their own, above and beyond the
acoustic.  That's one hell of a deep perception on Pete's part, if
true, and yours.

Alan

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend