Re: Accept No Substitute

>        I've been working on fixing the tape speed/pitch problem on my
>Accept No Substitute bootleg.  We have a computer program that allows me
>to change the pitch of any recording.  The problem is, I'm too stupid to
>know how much to change it.
>        I raised it 1.0 subtones and it sounds about right but I can't
>tell for sure.  Could someone please explain subtones to me?  Is that
>like a half-step?  Or if somebody who has this bootleg could tell me how
>much to change it.  My ear just isn't good enough.  Thanks.
>
>Shanon

I fixed mine by ear.  You could also figure out the chords on a guitar and
compare.  I'm interested in that computer program; will it allow you to get
a copy at the correct speed and still be in stereo?

An easy song to judge by is I Can't Explain.  The chords go E, D-D, A, E-E
for the intro.  Find a guitarist friend!
I think you'll really enjoy this boot once the speed is corrected.
Joe