Re: Letterman goes to London

On Thu, 11 May 1995, Kevin Winn wrote:

> Sue writes:
> >Dave Letterman is taking his show to London for a week starting this monday.
>  >I checked the TV Guide and Pete wasn't listed as one of the guests.  Does
> >anyone know if he'll be on?

> I think Pete is in Germany right now for the opening of Tommy-way there
> (Offenbach bei Frankfurt, right Chris?), so he probably won't be on the
> Letterman show.

	(Sue, please disregard my earlier message.)
	I checked the CBS www page and they have musical guests listed
for everyday except Friday.  I assume they're saving something big for
that day.  Something tells me it isn't The Who.  If it were I don't think
they would be so secretive about it.  I'm betting its going to be The
Beatles or at least Paul McCartney.  With all the hubub about them
recording that new song with Lennon's voice, I can't help but think
that's who'll be on the show.  I know the Late Show tried very hard to
get them on for the 30th anniversary of their appearance on the Ed
Sullivan show so maybe the Late Show people finally convinced them.  Just
a big ol' guess on my part.

Shanon

Shanon Dell                     |
Radio/Television Broadcasting   |  "Deaf, dumb, and blind boy, he's in a
University of Montana           |   quiet vibration land..."
tommy@selway.umt.edu            |                   -- The Who's "Tommy"