Re: Where were you during Live Aid?

> Scott got me thinking about where I was during the Live Aid broadcast of
> the Who.  I remember it being in the later part of the afternoon. I was a
> lifeguard at a beach in Connecticut and I think my insistence on having
> the radio on loud during the Who performance may have caused a disruption
> on the boardwalk.  Man, I was excited, and crushed when all of a sudden
> the signal failed during My Generation (was it My Generation? I remember
> the disc jockeys saying something like ...."Well they did F-F-F-Fade
> away, didn't they?"
>
> John

The WHO came on at 8 pm London time, so I guess it was 2 pm here ?

I was at Live Aid. In Philly. It was something else. It was about
95 degrees and humid. They were spraying us with hoses during the
day, and when the Who played Love Reign O'er Me.

I waited all day to see the Who, and the damn sattelite feed went out.
I think it went out for the Who only.

What a day though. I have alot of lasting memories from that event.
from Robert PLant asking "any requests?" to Clapton playing "Lala".

Wow...

Pete