Roger and the '79 tour

Pete said:
>I would pay to see Roger do a tour with a guitar player, bass,
>drum, etc...But, how long can he just go out and do Who
>re-hashes. If he could get a respectful record out, it may be a
>good idea
>to attempt to get a following of his own.

I think Roger tried to get a following of his own going in the mid
seventies, but it never panned out.  I know that when I was *hard* into
them in the mid-seventies, I wasn't into Roger's stuff too much because the
Who's was too good!

I don't think Roger's voice is strong enough to do this anymore (a
four-piece band format).  I don't know - it's been so long since I've heard
him, but I remember thinking to myself at the '89 show that his voice was
really backing down.  Maybe it was the drowning out of the forty-seven
other people who were playing onstage at the time...

I liked the '79 tour more and more (as time goes by) for the simple reason
that it was just the Who (with Rabbit, but he was way in the back!).  The
more people that got onstage as the years went by, the less I heard the
Who.

OK,
KLW