Re: doing unplugged

> I'd rather not have the Who tour actually, I wish Roger never did
> his barnstorming tour last year.  To me it appears that Pete isn't
> doing the Chuck Berry act but rather Roger who is trying his best to
> keep it alive.  Pete seems like he's finally done away with the Who,
> except when it comes to his compositions.

I sort of wish that Roger would just get his own touring ROCK
band and do more of his solo stuff, and yes, some Who songs as
well. It was a nice idea, the orchestra, but it wasn't really
any more than a Las Vegas show. IMO, anyway.

Roger toured with UARM in 1985, for a bit, but I do not recall
him taking any other release on the road, in the 80's. I guess
he was too busy making those "films". (Did Roger ever tour alone
in the 70's ? I dont think so, but I am not sure..)

I would pay to see Roger do a tour with a guitar player, bass,
drum, etc...But, how long can he just go out and do Who re-hashes.
If he could get a respectful record out, it may be a good idea
to attempt to get a following of his own.

We know that he has a love for his Who, but, I would like to
see a show like "Free Me" , "Giving It All Away" and songs
like  that.

One of the comments made was that Pete had already lost his
heart before Moon died. But, he did Empty Glass. And that
was said to be a collection of songs that would have made
the Who a dynamic album. I seem to think that Pete kept
his best work for his solo albums, but didnt really put
ENOUGH thinking into Face or Hard. Was it maybe to just
fill out the remaining albums on the Warner contract ?
(Although I remember in a 1982 interviewm Pete said that
 there were some remaining albums the they would
 "wiggle out of" in the contract ).

Or maybe Pete was really ticked, in the late seventies,
that he was know more for Tommy than any other release
and didnt want to have to keep trying to top Tommy.

Pete