'ow the 'OO 'ooked me

I was a sophmore in college (1981) when my good friend Wally had
Quadrophenia
playing on his stereo. I believe 5:15 was the exact tune that sparked
my ongoing passion for the Who.  I had heard some of the tunes played
on the radio, the usual ones, and after hearing Quadrophenia, I
immediately went out and bought everything I could put out by the Who,
and Pete.  I finally got to see them in '89 and it was so fantastic.
The Dead had played the weekend before, so the place was trashed; but
I didn't care.  It's so funny how many of my friends don't understand
what the big deal is fussing over The Who, and Townshend.  Well, I'm
glad to have this list to read and share love of one of the greatest
bands ever!

"They may be your f*cking icons, but they're my f*cking friends and
they're dead."
-Pete Towhshend, The History of Rock and Roll

*lynn shimabukuro blair         *
*university of wisconsin-madison*
*photographer                   *
*e-mail blair@printing.uwex.edu *