Re: Question

On 9 Mar 1995 Carl.Biancucci@proteon.com wrote:

>           Has Pete ever commented on the music or tragic
>           suicide of Kurt Cobain?

>From New Music Express, July 23 '94 (p. 17)

"When I heard about that [Kurt's death] I felt sick, just like I did
when Keith died.  All I could think of was where was the f---ing
doctor?  There was one following Elvis around who kept him alive ten
years too long but at least someone cared enough about him.

"Jimi Hendrix had doctors, but they were pushers, mixing his drugs
with elephant tranquilisers, talcum powder and Ajax.  The point about
Kurt is, he said he was gonna blow his brains out and he did it!  It's
a completely different sentiment to, "Hope I die before I get old'.
When I wrote that it was a life-affirming thing.  It was me saying,
'I'm not going to be like you.  I am gonna live forever and still be a
teenager the day I die!"

Alan
LaL 009099

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend