Re: A dream collaboration.....

Doug (db172@columbia.edu) wrote:

>How about a collaboration with Joe Jackson? PT's material from Iron Man,
>especially, resembles Jackson (i.e., Was There Life). Just a thought.

I would love to see this, too. Jackson has shown an interest in
pushing the envelope of music styles and classifications (as
Townshend is with Tommy, Psychoderelict, Iron Man, White City).
For those of you who might not have heard it yet, Jackson's
latest effort, _Night Music_ ranges from classical to pop, but
is overall what I would call a concept album of a man considering
his mortality and the worth of his (musical) efforts while he is
alive. It's sorta like a Ray Highsmith who didn't get to be famous.

While I would love to see these two team up, I'm not sure what
Jackson thinks of the Who, or at least their fans (us). Jackson
opened for The Who in '82 at Toronto's Exhibition Stadium.
>From waht I understand, some fans threw some stuff at him and
were generally abusive and the JJ band didn't even finish two
songs before leaving the stage. Was anyone at that show or know
any more about this incident.

If anyone's interested, there's a Joe Jackson list, but I don't
have the address right now. E-mail me and I can get it to you.

>- Doug

__Jon

   Now I plow through piles of bills, receipts and credit cards,
 tickets and the daily news and sometimes I just want to go back
      to my hometown, though I know it'll never be the same.
        Jonathan Proulx  Internet:jlproulx@mailbox.syr.edu