ALERT!!! PT HITS CD DUE 5/9/95

RED ALERT EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Beverly Furman, Customer Service, Atlantic
Records in New York City. She told me that Pete Townshend's Best-Of
compilation, entitled "Coolwalkingsmoothtalkingstraightsmokingfirestoking",
will be released on Tuesday, May 9, 1995. Be sure to mark your calendars!!!!

Also, FYI----I have another Townshend sighting in NYC, this time by my friend
Frank Tangari, who is also a WHO fanatic but still has not accessed the e-mail
list yet. Frank drove into NYC on Saturday 3/4 with his roomate Paul to see
the band Offspring, who were playing at Roseland Ballroom. They were parking
their car on West 4th Street, in the Village a few blocks from the Soho
section. As they parked the car, Pete T. appeared out of nowhere. He was
walking alone, and he crossed the street right near their car. Frank watched
as Pete entered an old factory-like building. Through the windows Frank could
see artwork displayed and there was a large group listening to poetry
readings. It was obviously one of the Village's many artsy-fartsy
hangouts/watering holes. After pacing up and down to calm his nerves, Frank
went for it and entered the building and gave the room a long hard scan.
Unfortunately, Pete was not in the crowd, possibly having left via an exit on
the building's other side. Frank described Pete as wearing a beret/hat, an
oversized long green coat, and black boots (Doc Martens???). Frank's chance
sighting, coupled with the previous PT/NYC sighting from yesterday's e-mail,
confirms that Pete is/was indeed in New York, most probably on a 3-4 day
stopover from Toronto. As we all know, Tommy just opened there within the
past week or two, and he apparently stopped in NYC for a few days of fun and
culture before returning to Twickenham.

Any other recent PT/NYC sightings???

Marty Secero