Re: covers

On Mon, 6 Mar 1995 Redman1@aol.com wrote:

> heynow! dont forget eddie vedder is a mjor 'oo fan- ive got shows where pearl
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> jam does baba, my generation, kids are alright(and beast of burden)

Well, this raises a question...I think it would be most worthwhile to
compile a list of only covers that are commercially available (or at
least _were_ commercially available at some time).  Although it's
interesting that some band may have played a Who song at some time
(for that matter, I've heard KISS play WGFA), I don't think it would
be of much use to someone referencing the archive to find that a cover
is only available on a boot tape, which in turn might only be
available from someone who may have dropped off the list or who knows
what.  If you (dear reader) would like the "covers" list to include
any report of any Who song performed by any other group at any time,
drop me a note to that effect.  If there's enough interest, I'll
compile all such reports.  Lacking such input, however, I'll compile
only Who covers available on official release (and ask that only such
releases be reported to me for compilation).

Alan
#009099, stunned at Marc's report of #000903

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend