Re: covers (fwd)

Gene:

The Smithereens' cover of "The Seeker" was the b-side of their single "Only A
Memory", from the 1988 album Green Thoughts. Theirs is one of the best-ever
WHO covers, with some great drums!! Definitely captures the spirit of the 1970
original.

Marty Secero

p.s.- I think Sheena Easton, of all people, recorded a cover of "Squeeze Box"
on one of her mid-80s albums. Also, the Ramones did a cover of "Substitute" w/
Pete T. on backing vocals on their 1993 album Acid Eaters. Lastly, the Spin
Doctors included "I Can't Explain" as an import B-side last year.