No Tommy CD-ROM!

The Wall Street Journal ran a article about struggling multimedia companies
on March 1.

Roundbook the company producing the Tommy CD-ROM filed for bankruptcy after
Kardena Productions (backers of Tommy on Broadway) voided their contract.
 The main problem was mis-management of funds.  Pete lost $30,000 of his own
money.  The article didn't say if Kardena had abandon the project altogether.

I have borrowed a copy of Bob Dylan's Highway 61 interactive, and while their
are plenty of nice things like rare recordings, photos, interviews, and
videos it is lacking in many areas.   The main problem is that video doesn't
work very well on the average  PC yet.  I have a 486 DX2 50Mhz with 8 megs of
RAM and a double speed CD-ROM drive, and the video is very choppy and the audi
o doesn't track with the video (ie  the singing and the picture are out of
synch).  Also the disc only use the middle four or five inches of your
screen.  Plus the video clips use less than that otherwise the quality of the
picture would be worse. You need the fastest top of the line computer to run
these interactive CD's, and how many of use have those?

Bruce