Re: covers

> What Who songs have been covered and by whom?
>
> What songs have The Who covered?  I bet there are a bunch that they did
> once or twice in concerts, just for fun.  (I think stuff like this is
> really cool -- I have a bootleg of another band I like covering the theme
> song to Mission:Impossible!)

> ** "Can you see the real me?"  ** Michael.S.Donnelly@lawrence.edu **
> **            - Pete Townshend **       Lawrence University       **

I just got a compilation called Who Covers Who with the following:
	Hyperhead, "I Can See For Miles"
	Ian mcLagen & the Bump Band, "Pictures of Lily"
	The Revs, "The Kids are Alright"
	Buck Pets, "Bargain"
	Mint 400, "Boris the spider"
	Telescopes, "The Good's Gone"
	Swervedriver, "In the City"
	Alex Chilton, "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere"
	Blur, "Substitute"
	The Hinnies, "Baba O'Riley"
	The Mess, "Glowgirl"
	Brilliant Corners, "The Good's Gone"
Most of these are pretty close to the original, I think, though
the Hinnies version of Baba is clearly not a cover. (The synthesizer
part is axed, and the song is barely recognizable.)

Sherry