Re: It's the 28th...

>Any final word on whether I should check the record stores for the
>Best of PT and extended Live at Leeds CDs today?

>[I haven't been getting email lately. Is the wholist quiet, or is
>there something wrong on my end?]

>Wes

Yes, my record store had plenty of copies of the new Leeds - I broke away at
lunch and am listening to it as I write.  Some facts first:

I got the "Special Edition" which listed for $29.99, on sale for $25.99.  The
regular one was $15.99.  Major differences between the two:

1) The special edition comes with full-size repro's of all the items in the
original vinyl release, including the Maximum RB poster.

2) The special edition comes in a 12-inch package, numbered on the front, with a
sort of styrofoam cut out inside that is really hard to get the CD jewel case
out of.

Other than that, the two are identical- both come with an excellent booklet with
photos and extensive liner notes by Chris Charlesworth, with song-by-song
commentary, including synopsis of the song's lyrical content, detailed
chronological notes about original recording dates and more.  These notes are
really fantastic - written for Who fans, clearly!

I would say that if you have the original vinyl issue, with all the stuff
intact, then you'll ONLY need to buy the special edition if you are interested
in having a complete collection of releases.  If you're not interested in the
items, buy the regular reissue.  I have an original with all the stuff, but I
bought the special ed anyway because I just couldn't STAND it!

OK,
KLW

PS: Oh, yeah...  It sounds fucking GREAT!!!!  More later...