Quick One done

Overall, I wasn't as totally blown over as by Sell Out, but there were
some exceptionally bright moments nonetheless.  The mono mixes that
were crappy in earlier incrnations improved slightly, while others
really benefitted by the retouch.. I s'pose this is onaccounta' the orginal
tape they had to work with, and somewhat not wanting to f**k with the feel
of certain songs.  I found that their version of Man with Money was the
Star of the Show, as was run run run.  The Land of Hope and Glory drum
sound kinda faded in and out of the mix, but it was crisp where it was
prominent.  I've always maintained that Moon messed with the drum sound
heavily to get that timpani/timbali sound on the toms, depending on size.
They were tuned high and made to reasonate, not just cardboard boxes which
the majority of drummer set their toms to sound like.

A few addtional notes:

Happy Jack: Perfect for MTV's "Unplugged", including the requisite P.C. Cello.
("cello cello cello cello cello cello cello cello").

Disguises:  Oh, well.... I mean it's better than the U.S. Track Records vinyl
by a country mile, but somehow I was expecting more.....

In The City:  Misprint on recording date: One decade off...

Bucket T: Now you can hear sometimes that they say: tee pee te peee tee.

Heatwave: See also: Disguises

Barbara Ann: Coulda been like Heatwave and Disguises, but it's not.  It's much
cleaner and cleaned up.... Great sound.

Batman:  Stereo.  Excellent sound, and excellent guitar sound.

Quick One:  Guitar sounds unnecessarily distorted at some points.  Mebbe that
was another track - I forget....

Mostly the tracks feel like they've had a shit,shower, and shave, but weren't
totally disassembled, cleaned, and rebuilt like Sell Out...  Still very worth
the money (of course I get it discounted, but that's my gig).