More reissue comments (gee, that again?)

More thoughts on the reissues (from someone who usually lurks).

1. Overall, I'm really pleased with both reissues. I've got some questions
   that may sound like nits, but I'm really pleased with the results.

2. Leaving "Happy Jack" off A QUICK ONE. I think Marty's pretty much nailed
   this one. As "Happy Jack" wasn't on A QUICK ONE in the UK, they can hold
   it back for the best of.

3. "Man With The Money". I've got to check, but I swear this isn't the same
   version as on MAXIMUM BBC. I may be misremembering. Also, I thought the
   song's title was "A Man With Money". Then again, the Band's version of
   "Baby Don't You Do It" is just "Don't Do It". I guess I'd have to check
   the originals of both to be sure.

4. SELL OUT. I'm really pleased with the results. The cross-fading bugged me
   on the box set, but it makes perfect sense here. The idea was to simulate
   AM radio, and radio stations cross-fade, so it sounds very reasonable to
   me.

5. "Mary Anne" CD effects - I don't think this is a glitch. Seems like they
   either found a new take with the "sshhaakkiinneessss" enhanced, or manually
   did it at remix time. I know there's a version with the pronounced echo, but
   again, I don't think it's the same mix.

6. Liner notes/packaging/etc: Super job. It's nice to have the close-up of the
   SELL OUT poster, the song-by-song details are interesting, and the text
   backgrounds are good too.

Overall, MCA is FINALLY making up for years of lousy treatment.

Thanks goodness.

	-- Owen