re: Cow Palace Poster?

Shanon exclaimed:
>Whoa!
>        No kittys on this poster.  This one is a big yellow and black
>thing made to look like a fallout shelter sign.  Maybe this one was done
>much later as a rememberence of the occasion or something.  Oh well, for
>$20 bucks I can buy it anyway and make up some good lies about how I
>got it.

I have seen the fallout design poster before.  I used to have a book called "Get
On Down" of classic rock concert posters which had a few Who posters including
one with a fallout shelter design (unfortunately in my mis-spent youth these
went from the book to my wall to my bin).  I think I have also seen it either in
one of the many books on The Who and definitely in an old issue of New Musical
Express.

So the design, at least, is from an original but whether it was for a
performance at the Cow Palace or not I can't say.  I'll check my NME's tonight.
How many times did they perform there? Just once?

Regards,
Denis. (Waiting as per usual for the new releases to show up in Australia and
mightily concerned at reports of 'clicking' noises....)