Re: Bott "Behind Blue Eyes" reviewed

I saw them in Oct. '76 in PDX (they had also played in March - Daltrey was
sick so the show was apparently somewhat appreviated or somesuch).  Can
anyone tell me why they played dates twice in a year?  (A rich man's
problem now.......)  At the Oct. show the center of the front barrier broke.
Fortunately I was to the left, up against the barrier in front of Entwhistle.
I tellya, they played as well as I had ever heard.  Everyone was on, Moon
was doing his usual wild antics, and I got some GREAT pics from this show.

Marty, I didn't see this show in the boot list - Of course the absence of
boots for PDX reflects the absence of shows here.  Now maybe we'll pick up
the odd Daltrey tour or Ringo's All Starts on accounta gettin' a new, larger
arena for the Trailblazers (right when they really started to suck, mind you),
called the Rose Garden (jeez, what a wuss name)(of course, if you've ever
been to the old Coliseum [seemed alright to me, dunno why they had to build
a new one] you'd know why the new one has a wuss name.  I've never seen so
many yogurt lapping, Cherokee driving, Izod wearing, side parting, Lake Oswego
living, white breaded people in all my life attend a Blazers game). It will
hold 20k instead of the old, stalwart, 12,666 deemed capacity for the Coliseum.  Beatles played there in '65 (I know someone who went).

JW