Re: I've Had Enough in concert

Mason writes:
>Hey folks - sorry to contradict Marty, who's knowledge of the Who in
>concert I have ultimate respect for - but I've Had Enough was done at many
>of the concerts on the Quad tour, especially early on.  It got selected out
>of many boots because it is sort of unspectacular, especially when compared
>with the likes of 5:15.

I'll have to politely disagree with the assessment of IHE as
"unspectacular" - I feel it's one of the more dynamic songs on Quad (an
album chock FULL of dynamic songs!).  I'd have died to see PT windmilling
through the power chords on this one, or Rog belting out the lines

"There's a millionaire above you
and you're under his su-sPIIII-SHOOOOONNNNN!!!"

>Also - I agree - Simon Townshend's first album is terrific - but his second
>one is really weak!

Haven't heard the second, but I really liked the first.  Didn't PT produce the
first one, and either play some backing guitar or sing a little backing vocal?

OK,
KLW