Re: Crd: Overture

Jeff:

Your take on Pinball Wizard's opening chord passage is absolutely correct. For
the record, the "drone" note you describe (which is played throughout the
beginning passage) is F#, 4th fret on the D string. And the 6th chord played
is indeed one finger on the F# (4th fret D string) with the rest of the
strings open. I've heard Pete Townshend describe the beginning of PW as a
series of "baroque" chords that shift melodically to the ultimate resolution.
It does indeed sound baroque, IMHO, almost classical, which I think was Pete's
goal to begin with.

Was there a debate about the opening chords to PW? Did I miss something?

Marty Secero