Re: TOMMY movie soundtrack

michael,

        Polydor has released the Tommy movie soundtrack on dbl cd late last
spring.  It is actually a pretty nice package, with all lyrics, although it
does not include photos that were on original lp inner sleeves.  The highlight
of the cd release is the inclusion of Overture, which opens the first disc,
something not on the original lp, and an extended version of Sensation, that
includes added verses that were in the MOVIE SOUNDTRACK, but not included on
the ALBUM.
        My comments?  I absolutely LOVED the movie when it came out, once I
got past Ann-Margaret's vibrato (she is SO easy on the eyes, it's not
difficult to overlook the singing!  which, over time, I think I have actually
grown to appreciate...)  The scenes in the movie, during Eyesight to the Blind
where Pete and John are using their guitars as a gate in the church behind
Eric Clapton, and band shots during Pinball Wizard and Sally Simpson, are just
excellent... very cool.   I think Townshend did a nice job with songs written
for the movie, namely Champagne and TV Studio.... also, the movie version of
Sally Simpson is just Excellent!!   I would say the movie soundtrack (not to
mention the video!!)  is a must for who fans, just for Sally Simpson alone!

        Keep on Workin' ........

        gary