Re: Dave Marsh book

Hello all:

To respond to those of you asking about the re-released Dave Marsh book:

I just picked up my package from my local UPS center on the way to work today.
While the cover is different on the UK version than the US version (the four
of them in a b&w photo circa 1965-66), that's about the only difference you'll
find when compared to the already-available US version. No, the friggin' book
has NOT been updated!!!!!!! And I'm burning up right now, because I spend
almost $30 for a book which I already have, twice over. And the only
difference is the cover. Sheesh!!!!

BUYERS BEWARE: The book is inaccurattely listed as "updated" in Goldmine
magazine, and the record store that is the culprit here is "Rock Dreams" of
Mercer, NJ. As I type this message, I'm on hold, waiting to speak to the mail
order rep at Rock Dreams. UPDATE: I spoke to the store rep, and he offered to
take the book back and exchange it for something else. I decided to keep the
book because of the different cover, plus it's always good to have an extra
mint-condition copy of a book that you love. For those on the list who don't
have the book, "Before I Get Old" is the WHO Bible, and a great read. I'm just
disappointed that the new printing is JUST a new printing, and not an updated
version. I sure do hope that Marsh updates the book rather soon; 12 years have
passed since its original publishing date, and the twists and turns their
careers have taken since (both good and not-so-good) deserve to be properly
documented.

See ya later!!!!

Marty Secero

"Won't Get Fooled Again"---HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!