Re: Claptons Rainbow Concert

scott@soundwave.com (scott james) wrote on Tue, 25 Jul 1995:

> Well, we are all in for a treat with this one. Ron Wood Left - Clapton
> Center and Pete Townshend Right. This is the guitar panning for most of the
> Re-Released and Expanded Rainbow Concert from January 13, 1973. Lots of
> great playing and some excellent work by Pete as well both rythmically and
> an excellent solo ( i forget where, little wing?) or two. Great recording
> by Glyn Johns, with that Rough Mix kind of sound but even clearer drums and
> better sound overall on this remix by Andy and Jon who seemed to manage to
> leave most of this alone and remained true to the original sound that Glyn
> obviously recorded.

Ehmm, did you LISTEN to the rerelease? It's _not_ true to the
original sound, because ...for me it's even not the same concert.

Check the running lenght of the tracks previously released. Almost
every song is about 1-2 minutes shorter on the rerelease. (?!?)
Listen to Pete's announce of "Little Wing", did you hear it that way
before?

So my question is: Were there more than ONE concert ?

Chris