A QUICK ONE

I should point out, just in case other people weren't aware of this, that
the  now-deleted MCA A Quick One/Happy Jack CD has six tracks in true
stereo (Whiskey Man, Don't Look Away, and Happy Jack are in rechanneled
stereo and Heat Wave and See My Way are in mono).  I had previously owned
the all-mono Euro CD, and was under the (mistaken) impression that the U.S.
disc was in rechanneled stereo.  Although the mono and rechanneled tracks
on the old U.S. CD sound awful, the true stereo tracks sound reasonably
good.  Of course, I'm holding on to my old Euro CD and my "old" US CD, and
between the three versions I now have all the mono mixes and six true
stereo mixes.

Mono/stereo issues aside, I can't see any justification for using the
rechanneled stereo version of Whiskey Man.

As for using the mono mixes, I certainly think it's defensible, but given
the fact that there's 20 minutes of space left on the new CD, they could
easliy have included some stereo mixes as bonus tracks (particularly A
Quick One, Cobwebs and Strange, and I Need You).  We could have had the
best of both worlds.

By the way, is there anyway who has compiled a tape/DAT of all the AQO
stereo mixes?  I'm also looking for someone with the mono mix of Sell Out.
Hopefully they'll include the mono mixes with distinctive guitar parts on
the expanded Odds and Sods.