Re: ICE rev., French AQO, vinyl, CD, ..

Walters Mark <waltersm@lilhd.logica.com> wrote on Fri, 21 Jul 95:

> Could add that Don't Look Away and Whisky Man also exist in true stereo on
> [at least] one edition of the French album (AQO itself was not on the album
> to the best of my recollection).  Stereo version of Heat Wave also exists
> but has an alternate ending.  Disguises is the same length as the original
> EP, "nothing if not authentic".
>
> Did this French album ever appear on CD?

1. The European album called "the who" with the stereo tracks
mentioned above (yes, no AQOWHA on it) never appeared on CD.

2. The _whole_ AQO album in true stereo (with exception of "See My
Way" which is mono) also appeared in Europe, but the latter European
CD is all mono.

So if Astley wanted the AQO thing in mono, then why did he use the
rechannelled version of "whiskey man" ???
He should have used the unchanged mono or the true stereo version, but
not that one!

Regards,
Chris