more Track Records & PT

glancaster@mecn.mass.edu wrote:

>Another thing:  Much as I love "Track Records," anybody else miss the
>runout groove gimmick used on the US Who Sell Out LP which has a kinda
>stuck-victrola dinky horn thing repeated ad-nauseum? I always loved this,
>& wonder whyit  wasn't included on the reissue, I wonder (I think it does
>appear on the Euro CD).  BTW, nobody's *complaining* - some of us
>are just trying to keeps straight what appears where, and how we can hear
>it all.

Well, on my copy (Canadian copy, that is) 'Track Records' is included
right after 'Glow Girl', at the very end.  I hope you're not wrong about
the track not being included on the US version.  You see *I* had to read
all the raves about the re-issues for a week until they were available up
here.  It would be nice to feel smug for a change.  Hey, with a 72 cent
dollar I'll take what I can get!
Just kidding, but here's a question for the honorable group:  Is RykoDisc
going to re-issue PT's solo stuff, a la 'Who Came First'?

Terry Coxe

        Terry,

   Our internet-friend's msg is referring to the actual Sell Out vinyl LP.
At the end of the second side, there is this "stuck-victrola dinky horn" sound
(excellent description, by the way!!) in the run-off groove.  It is the same
little tune as the "Track Records" ditty, but it sounds like a horn, and
not voices.   One note about this track:  on the MCA Happy Jack/Sell Out
dbl lp reissue, at least on the pressing I have, that little ditty starts
before it gets to the run-out groove, and actually ends before it gets to
the center groove, so you get to hear the whole thing.  (Like, SO MANY
PEOPLE CARE!!  those obsessive completists...!!!)   Anyway, I hope this
clarifies his point.
   Also, it would be nice if Rykodisc (or MCA, or anybody)  would re-release
the remainder of Pete's solo catalog..... I would like to see, especially,
Empty Glass, with  the B-sides "Classified"(sic?)/"Greyhound Girl"), and
most Definitely "...Chinese Eyes, with B-sides "Man Watching" and
the B-side of "Uniforms" (.... I forget.)     Also, it might be nice to
have the video version of "Slit Skirts" added to that disc, with diff vocal,
harmonica, etc.... and any other alt takes of those songs.... probably could
easily flesh that one out to its full capacity.
   That's enough blubbering from me......

                        gary.