A moanSun Dec 7 12:25:00 PST 1997

	Was I right in thinking that there was a message on the list last
weekend from somebody saying NOT to write to Pete ???
	I find this very odd. I appreciate that spying on his house, or
invading his privacy is WRONG, but what is the harm in writing a letter
(through Trinifold) saying how much you admire his work? I especially made
sure that my letter didn't seem obsessive! My correspondance with Nicola
Joss (his P.A) was exciting and rewarding. I realise that a signed photo may
not constitute much, but it is certainly my favouite WHO item.
	I think that us fans SHOULD write to Pete, saying how much we like
his work. I have an old radio promo (Chinese Eyes) interview in which Pete
himself says that he HATES people knowing where he lives. He says that he
enjoys letters of praise, and will gladly reply if he has time.
	I DO agree that spying, or interupting him IS rude. I happened to
walk past Pete in Cambridge one morning, a few years back. (His daughter
is/was studying at the University). I would have loved to say hello, but
I noticed that he was talking to someone he was with. You've gotta treat
him politely as any other human being. Would you like to be interupted by a
complete stranger?
	The interview on The "New Music Programme" around the time of the       Psychoderelict tour confirms my point. Pete said that he WANTED people to say
that they liked particular Albums he'd done; He felt satisfied that the effort
he'd put into making the songs was "worth while"; people still played them now
and again.
	So that's my opinion. Save up your money. Take the time to write to     Pete about your views. It's worthwhile.

	Tim Glasswell
	University of Kent
	Canterbury
	England