Re: Re[2]: Petes Address

________________________________________________________________>
>From what I've read, I always understood it to mean that Pete and Karen
spent a lot of time apart (particularly when he's in NY or other cities
promoting "Tommy"), but that they weren't actually, legally separated.

In that disenchanting Playboy interview (93? 92? somebody mentioned it
recently) --the one where he comes off as a completely self-indulgent ass
-- he talks about more recent problems.  He says something about how
Karen wants him at home, and he wants to spend more time in the States or
 on the road -- garnering accolades for Tommy, turning his past work into
stage productions ("Quadrophenia: The Musical!"), and reinventing
himself as Pete the Broadway Show Guy.  I thought the Tony awards must
have gone to his head. That, plus he said he started drinking again, just
a little.

Anyway, it seems to me that their marriage has withstood some of the
rockiest times, and this was just the latest wave of difficulties
for them to work through.  This info could be out of date, and I could be
completely misinterpreting -- but in a very naive way I had faith that
the marriage would win out over that ego.

As for Marty's story about leaving a note at his house:  I left a note
and two flowers on his Mercedes once.  It was parked in the street
outside the Boat House, so it wasn't trespassing.  He sent a short letter
in return.

Yikes -- this is the most I've ever posted to youse guys.  Guess I should

Jake