"Life to Life"

     I've been wanting to post something about the song "Life to Life" from
the movie "Playing for Keeps", but I felt I needed to watch the movie again
since it's been a while since I've seen it.  But now that Jeff S. mentioned
he found the soundtrack in a store I wanted to add my comments.
     I remember flipping through the channels one day and seeing the
opening credits roll by and saw Pete's name listed as having written one of
the songs.  So I recorded the movie.  If I remember correctly, the movie
wasn't very good and Pete only wrote the one song which was at the start of
the movie.  But that song was great!!  I've always wanted to ask if it
appeared anywhere else other than on the soundtrack.  It seems kind of dumb
to buy the whole thing just for Pete's one song, but then again, maybe it's
worth it.
     Does anyone know any more about this song?  Why did Pete decide to use
it for this obscure movie?  It doesn't seem like he wrote it specifically
for that movie.  It makes me wonder if there are other arcane, single
pieces of Pete's work that may be floating around.  If I don't hear anything
from anyone else, I think that will be a good excuse for me to write and
try out Pete's new address(s) listed recently.
                                                     Tim
Tim Herrlinger                   Email herrling@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu
Marine Science Institute                  Office Phone (805) 893-8858
University of California, Santa Barbara            FAX (805) 893-8062
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-6150                Home Phone (805) 922-4239