Re[2]: Random Questions II

  >2.  Pete's father, Clifford Townshend, died a few years back (forgive me, I
>don't remember the year). As far as I know his mother Betty is still alive.

Pete's dad died in June 86.  Pete was en route to the NYC (Giants Stadium, to be
precise) Apartheid benefit when he got word that his father went critical.  Pete
immediately returned (I believe the plane was rerouted back to London) and never
appeared at the benefit (a real disappointment for us fans--it was broadcast
over American radio--but understandable).  I, too, believe that his Mum is still
alive.  Pete dedicated ANOTHER SCOOP to his dad.

          --Jim