Re: Can't Explain + Top Ten Albums

>> 3)  Who, besides the Who and Nicky Hopkins, played on the pre-Who's Next
>> records?  Also, did Rabbit play on stage during the 82 tour?
>
>Page on solo on Can't Explain.

It's my understanding that Page played rhythm guitar on "I Can't Explain"
and lead guitar on "Bald Headed Woman."

>I read in the liner notes to Santana's 3-CD set that Santana was one of
>only eight acts to have an album in the top ten in each of the 60's, 70's
>and 80's.  This got me thinking whether the Who are one of the other
>seven.  I think they are--Tommy, Who's Next, and Face Dances all peaked
>at #4 in the US, which what I think the note was referring to.

The Who and Led Zeppelin are at least 2 others; the Stones would probably
be #3.  The Who went Top 10 (in the U.S.) with "Tommy," 6 albums in the
'70s and "Face Dances" & "It's Hard" in the '80s.  In the U.K., every
album except for "Sell Out," "Kids Are Alright," "Quadrophenia," "It's
Hard" (#11) and "Who's Last" went Top 10.  Every Led Zeppelin album made
the Top 10, in both the U.S. and U.K.

Later,

Scott
(swandwn@agora.rdrop.com)