My Gen, '82 tour/Female Drummers

A couple of comments on some recent threads:

I saw Thw Who in consecutive shows in 1982, in San Diego and LA.  The
difference was like night and day.  I think (and this is a lot of my own
speculation) that there were two different types of shows on that tour.  The
major shows were announced first, then secondary markets added later.  In the
big shows (such as Shea and LA Coliseum) the Clash were the opening act, the
others had the likes of John Cougar and Loverboy(they opened the San Diego
and Phoenix shows).  The set list was markedly different in LA, where they
opened with My Generation.  They didn't play it at all in LA or Phoenix.
 Even the lighting set-up was different-more elaborate in LA, with fireworks
at the end.  If anyone has more info on this I'd like to know, it just seemed
that they payed a lot more attention to the biggest cities.  I suspected the
different tiers of shows when the LA tickets went on sale at least a month
before the SD or Phoenix ones, even though the were on the 27th, 29th, and
31st of October.

On the subject of female drummers, the best I've ever heard, in fact one of
the best male or female is Lynn Perko of Sister Double Happiness.  I once
heard her described as "having the best fills this side of Keith Moon" in a
review.  I would recommend checking out their albums "Heart and Mind"  and
"Uncut".  These are both still in print to my knowledge.  They definitely
filled in a gap for me when The Who ceased to be, and the only other band I
have ever become obsessive about.  Give them a try, I don't think you will be
disappointed.  I know this has turned into a shameless plug, but I don't
think they ever got the attention they deserved.

                                                                         John