Skweez Bocks

Chris Thomas done writed:

> And here, I, in my ignorance, sit, listening to It*s Hard ("Athena"),
> and wondering, "What?  Squeeze Box *doesn*t rock* as recorded for WBN?"
>
>I was under the impression that people were complaining about it*s
>total lack of relevance to the other songs on WBN.

Well, in a way, but the way is a bit abstract.  See, the other songs on
WBN are (lyrically speaking) _intelligent_.  "Squeeze Box" is _stupid_.
It's insultingly stupid, gauche.  (Pete himself said as much:  aplogizing
for ragging on McCartney for "Ebony and Ivory," he added, "After all, the
Who were guilty of recording 'Squeeze Box.'"

>That live version must be Something.

Oh, yes.  I recommend a bootleg called RAW if you can get it.

 --dan'l