It's Hard and Athena

Ian, re:

>>If the Who recorded themselves farting I doubt you'd hate it.:)
>Wasn't that one called, "Who's Last"???

Seriously. I have always ranked that album as one of my big disappointments as a
Who fan. That album is not worth the vinyl it was made from (excepting their
pretty decent version of DR. JIMMY)

>I'm not a big fan of "Face Dances" or "Who By Numbers", but I love, "It's
>Hard"... I missed them doing "Athena" live, and never understood why John
>didn't want to do, "One At A Time" live...

          They did a rough version of ATHENA in Indianapolis in 82
          (and also an aborted HAPPY JACK--They started into it and
          then Pete spat some epithet at somebody and they quit it).
          Considering the rough version of Athena they did in Indy, I
          am not surprised it was dropped soon into the tour. I was
          more surprised they didn't do IT'S YOUR TURN. That's
          probably my favorite track.

          Alas, on the first leg of that tour, they weren't doing MY
          GENERATION. Oh well, the Who Cabaret Show did it in 89. I
          had a buddy who said "well, it must not have been a good
          show [in 82] if they didn't play MY G."  Well, I saw 'em
          period and he didn't and hasn't so, fuck him.

          jim