Re: Who's Next Gold CD vs. remastered

Scott, re:

>I'm pretty sure Gold discs are a totally separate entity from regular
>CDs.  The record companies (i.e. MCA) turn the tapes over to Mobile Fidelity
(or whoever) and they go to work.

MCA did the "Who's Next" themselves. They wanted to offer a CD to the
"purists" who didn't want a "different" "Who's Next" than they were used to.

>Also, I seriously doubt the "it's a way to generate some quick cash"
theory, since Gold discs are limited edition and don't make a whole lot
of money.

Record companies do EVERYTHING for money. They ain't fans like us!

WF <~